We are pleased to announce our nomination for DAME Design Awards 2017 in category Deck, sailing and rigging.
The DAME Design Award is the largest marine competition in the world. Important focus goes to design, including styling, functionality, and innovation,practicality of use and even packaging. This year’s 30th METSTRADE has continued to support this competition to highlight importance of design in today’s complexed needs of buyers.
The DAME competition is divided in seven categories, where one of the competitors becomes the overall winner of the DAME 2017. The competition is judged by top naval architects, boat, interior, and industrial designers and user experts.
This year’s jury are as well experts in marine and broader industries :
- B. Schnaase, Schnaase Interior Design, Germany – chair of the DAME Jury
- N. Calder, independent technical marine journalist, USA
- P. Hemp, ICOMIA, United Kingdom
- Dr A. J. Jansen, TU Delft, the Netherlands
- J.F. de Prémorel, Beneteau Groupe, France
- O. Racoupeau, Berret-Racoupeau Yacht Design, France
- D. Cipriani, Centrostiledesign, Italy
- K. Röder, Carpe Diem Yacht Design, Germany
- D. Marsh, technical marine journalist, United Kingdom
But METSTRADE gives important part also to charity. Each year the combined registration fees for the DAME Awards are donated to a nominated charity. This year’s proceeds will go to two Dutch-based charities which are enhancing the lives of young cancer patients, survivors and their families.
During METSTRADE, GHOOK will be exposed also on show in the DAME – Design Award Presentation, which is part of the I-nnovationLAB in Hall 6.